dear ahti mainpagedear ahti mainpageSulatan Si DoM-CiNSino Ang May Akda...Tungkol Sa Dear Ahti...

:: TuLoY Po KaYo::

11.8.07

Customer Service: Faced With Completely Opposite Requests

Being in the relationship management field, I get to assist my clients with all their needs. If need be, even if it is already out of the scope of my responsibility to them. Everyday I am faced with unique situations. I assist them to the best of my efforts. But not for all times. Sometimes, good customer service entails saying NO to your customer. Today I was faced with that challenge.

I assisted one client in explaining to their customer that the error that they have done can easily be corrected. This particular case was about overpayment. When I arrived, it just so happened that that particular irrate customer called my client and we got to talk over the phone. She was furious! But before we ended, I was able to calm her down. I gave her my office telephone number so she could call me if ever there were still doubts on her part. Irritating as that woman's accusations were, though she missed the point most of the time, her problem involved money and we all get too emotional when that is involved, don't we? Her problem was just elementary though. Very easy to correct. That done and over with, my client felt relieved. I could just imagine how mean things that woman said to them. That bitchy lil thing!

Another client of mine wanted me to help them secure payment from one of their customer who assured them that she return to the store, as when the transaction was processed she got short on cash and had to go back home. She left them her cellphone and never came back. The problem this time is underpayment (or more appropriately, no payment at all). This time I declined. Until recently, I have received the same kind of request from this particular client and seems to me that they have never really learned. What kind of a business person would allow their customer to leave the premises without any payment?! This wasn't the first time. Though it pained me not to help them, they must learn that they cannot be too dependent on me at all times. I saw the look on my client's faced when I talked to her and I saw the look of disappointment and acceptance of the financial impact of my decision not to help her...

Relationship Management. It's not that easy.

No comments: